One of my eco and budget-friendly habits is making my homemade broth with kitchen scraps (veggie peel & scraps, bones from cooked meats, etc).
Check out the video to learn more about how I do it. Homemade broth is great immune-boosting food and should be consumed regularly if you want to stay healthy.
Items mentioned in the video:
- Instant pot cooker (In the video, I mentioned that I have 6 Qrt Pressure Cooker, but it turned out mine is 3 qrt 😉
- Silicone freezer bags – set of 6
- Stasher bags (better silicone bags but pricey)
Basic homemade ingredients:
Vegetables: onions, carrots, celery, leek, garlic and any other vegetable (zuchini, bell papers, chili papers, tomato etc)
Meat: any bones, including from previously cooked meats (grill chicken, bbq ribs, turkey or duck etc)
Spices & aromatics: peppercorns, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, star of anise, cloves (as well as thyme, oregano etc).
Also: 1-2 table spoons of salt and 1 table spoon of vinegar.
- Vegetable broth: 1-2 hours on stovetop, 40 minutes in pressure cooker
- Bone broth: 4-12 hours on stovetop, 3-4 hours in pressure cooker